Sunday, July 5, 2009

Stampavie DT call

Edited 7-13-09 - - - I stand corrected - I said below that these are Sarah Kay when in fact they are Elisabeth Bell. I have both kinds and love them all the same and yes, I sometimes get them confused. Apologies to all and thanks for the anonymous poster for letting me know.

I made this card for the Stampavie DT call. It works for several challenges but to ensure that I might have a place in Stampavie I am only entering in that one.

I just love Stampavie and all the great designers that it hosts. I am a geniune fan of Sarah Kay so if I were to be chosen for this design team I would be so ecstatic! I would probably shout from the rooftops!!

I used a sketch from Sugar Bowl, I just love all of the different shapes and layout of this one so thought it would make a beautiful card. I also created a coordinating envelope to go with the card. The flowers used are beautiful! I added some gemstone brands to the centers of the flowers. I also used some glass brads in green, pink and white. It is difficult to see them due to being outside when the pics were taken but the colors are visible on the bottom set. All of the stamps I used, except for the picket fence, are from Sarah Kay. The picket fence is from Magnolia Stamps and I purchased it from the US website found here.

The colors I chose for this layout are yellow, pink and green. The designer papers are from K & Co. I think. I have had them for awhile and still have not exhausted my supply. They are such pretty, springy papers!

I used several embellishments from different companies on the front. I colored my stamps with Copics. Here is a close up of the stamp and also the picket fence. I added pink flower soft to the morning glories on the fence.

I just love this stamp. I love the way her hair flows to the side, the jeans, the envelope and the dainty pencil that she is holding. I also love the feet! I added pieces of rubber stamps to the image on the back for added dimension. I wanted her to look like she was standing on the outside of the fence. You can see her added dimension by the shadow cast when taking this picture.

For the inside I used another Sarah Kay stamp. I colored her, and the mailbox, to coordinate with the papers that were used. I matted the papers on cardstock so that they would stand out more and not just blend in with the other patterened papers.

I also used flower soft on the flowers that are with the mail box. I used the same Copics colors on this image. I used more flowers, with the gem brads, on the inside of the card.

The sentiment on the inside is generated on the computer and melds with the sentiment Sweet Hello on the front of the card.

3 comments:

brenda said...

Asolutely beautiful card Stephanie, so much attention to detail.

B x

Sue said...

Thanks for link, you are right, some splendid line drawings over there to colour in.

Your card is beautiful. Can't believe how much time you must have spent on it - it is very special.

Sue
x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Sugar Nellie images - arent they designed by Elizabeth Bell and not Sarah Kay!

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from February 26, 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact hester.stephanie@gmail.com.

This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog.

Currently designing for:

Stamping Scrapping

Companies that have provided me with free product or images:
Stamping Scrapping
anaRy Designs
Spellbinders
Basic Grey
Scor-Pal

Digital Delights

La La Land Stamps

JustRite Stamps

Woodware Stamps

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin