Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Whiff of Joy and Friday Sketchers

I made this card for my daughter to give to her doctor as a thank you for delivering her son (see earlier post for a pic). I used the current sketch over at Friday Sketchers for the main design. I also used the Easel card that is featured over at the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog. I really like this easel card as it works great for displaying your cards.


I used a lot of new techniques (for me anyway) that I have been wanting to try for some time and this was the perfect time.

The whole scheme of my design was based around the Whiff of Joy Woman's Delight Willow holding baby stamp. I have loved this stamp since the first time I laid eyes on it and finally purchased it. She is so elegant with her flowing dress and baby blanket.

I colored Willow using my Copics including my new set of the pale colors purchased at Magnolia stamps. I wanted the colors to be subtle and I believe that I achieved that. I am very pleased with the finished product.

I finally got my hands on some acrylic, which I had not worked with before, so thought this would be perfect.

I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the acrylic (new technique I just learned) using a Sizzix embossing folder that I recently purchased.

Since I was going to cover up most of it I decided to place some glitter in one of the thank you's so it would show up. I placed a piece of acrylic behind the embossed one to make my base for displaying Willow. The dp is Far East from DCWV available at Michael's. I just love this pack!!

I colored Willow using the B0000, B000, B00, YR0000, YR000, YR00, E0000, E000, E00, E21, E50, E51, E52, E53, R20.

I colored a base Willow and cut out a second to dimension the baby, Willow's arm and her head. I also added blue glitter to the two flowers that are in Willow's hair.

I added four brads, two across the top and two on the bottom of the easel to grip to when it is in it's standing position. I added some flowers from my stash and a blue, sheer bow at the top.

For the bottom of the easel I embossed another thank you from the Sizzix set I purchased and added glitter to the back side of the embossed words. I then stuck it down with glue dots.

It's hard to see because of the reflection of my lights but it says Thank you from my heart of hearts. The heart is done in red. This is also where the remainder of the Friday Sketchers finishes with the torn paper.

Last, and certainly not least, I used my envelope box pattern from Priscilla Styles. I just love this box, it is great for those cards that have the tall embellishments. I decorated this to go with the card. I had glittered a butterfly from the paper and it wouldn't fit on the card and still fit in the envelope box so decided to place it on front. I used the large glue dots to give it dimension and added some more flowers from my stash. I tore some of the paper and overlayed it on the base card stock (inside of box is lined with coordinating paper) and placed all on top including one more sheer ribbon bow.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Talk to you again soon.

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

Wow Stephanie, what a killer job you did with the "Priscillastyles" kit. Just awesome!!! I just loved your stand up card you posted before too.. You are so good and super creative too. Love your added elements on the envelope too :) Your whole project is just FANTASTIC. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent :)
Priscilla

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I'm in AWE. Truly. I love your work with Acrylic, I am going to have to do some of that and that image, can see why you fell in love with it. There are so many things that are so beautiful on this card, what a wonderful thing to give to her doctor, that will be the best card he/she ever gotten, how fun, wish I could see their face, LOL. That envelope is fantastic too, love how it is thicker and decorated so nice with the flowers, bow, embossed image. It is SO GREAT, love this eye candy!!!

Loraine ou Tilard said...

Absolutely, I love it!
Hugs, Loraine

Carol Hurlock said...

Absolutely outstanding card. Your presentation is exquisite! Beautiful image and embellishment. Love the acrylic. Thanks for sharing.

Carol
chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from February 26, 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact hester.stephanie@gmail.com.

This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog.

Currently designing for:

Stamping Scrapping

Companies that have provided me with free product or images:
Stamping Scrapping
anaRy Designs
Spellbinders
Basic Grey
Scor-Pal

Digital Delights

La La Land Stamps

JustRite Stamps

Woodware Stamps

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin